BEDFORD – The City of Bedford will begin flushing fire hydrants on Sunday, March 27th through Thursday, April 7th.
The following is a tentative schedule. The schedule is subject to change if each day’s work is not completed or in case of inclement weather.
Customers may notice fluctuations in pressure and/or discoloration of their tap water during hydrant flushing. If water appears discolored, customers are advised to run their cold water until it clears. It is recommended that customers postpone washing laundry and limit the use of hot water until the cold water clears.
Sunday Night March 27th, and Monday Night, March 28th
- Everything South of 19th Street and West of Mitchell Roadd including Broadview Addition, Fresenius Medical Care, St. Vincent Dunn Hospital, Garden Villa, Bliss House and Stonebridge Health Campus
Tuesday Night, March 29th, and Wednesday Night, March 30th
- 16th Street, West of M Street, Edgewood Addition, IU Health Bedford, Bex Addition, and Westview Manor
Thursday Night, March 31st, and Sunday Night, April 3rd
- East of Mitchell Road and South of 16th Street, Brook Knoll, Glen Meadows, Shandell Drive and Core Nursing Home
Monday Night, April 4th, and Tuesday Night April 5th
- John Williams Boulevard, All of Lincoln Avenue, 15th and M West, 8th Street South to 16th Street
Wednesday Night, April 6th, and Thursday Night, April 7th
- East of Lincoln Avenue and North of 15th Street