MARION CO. – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced today that the I-70 westbound/I-65 southbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp to Ohio Street will close on or after 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 22 as part of the North Split reconstruction project. The newly constructed C/D exit to Michigan Street, which opened Oct. 10, will remain open during the Ohio Street ramp closure.
In addition, bridge construction over St. Clair Street will require nighttime restrictions on Friday and a full closure of St. Clair Street beginning Monday, October 25. The full closure is needed for pile driving operations and will end on November 1, weather permitting.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound/I-65 southbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from New York Street and Michigan Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Project information can be found at northsplit.com.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, visit northsplit.com or text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthSplit