LAWRENCE CO. – The Lawrence County Council approved transfers and additional appropriations during a meeting Tuesday night.
- Lawrence County Recorder Myron Rainey’s request to transfer money from postage account to office in the amount of $900 was approved to purchase office furniture.
- Lawrence County Commissioner acting on behalf of Highway Superintendent David Holmes request to transfer $75,500 to pay salaries.
- Lawrence County Community Correction’s Chief Officer Chad Shew’s request to transfer $9,748 from one line item to another to cover expenses.
- Brian Skillman, Human Resources Director, on behalf of the commissioners, requested additional appropriation of $9,000 for the county’s time clock system. The funds are needed to update the contract as more than 40 employees will now be using the system.
- Lawrence County Prosecutor Sam Arp reports that he will be hiring an investigator due to an upcoming vacancy.
- Compliance for tax abatements were approved for D & M Tool, PRD, Embree Machine and Indiana Limestone