INDIANA – The deadline to apply for the AHEC Scholar Fellowship opportunity is fast approaching.
This is for students who are in their last two years of a health degree. This fellowship is available to students who are obtaining an 18-month certificate, associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and/or doctoral degree.
The Scholars program pays a stipend of $1,500 to help support the two-year experience ($750/year).
The deadline is Friday, September 17th and there are still spots available.
The AHEC Scholars program will prepare students to more effectively enter the health professions workforce. AHEC Scholars is designed specifically for applicants who have a strong interest in providing care to those living in rural and medically underserved communities across Indiana in positions such as physicians, physician assistants, nurses, public health practitioners, physical therapists, social workers, and other allied health occupations.
AHEC Scholars offers online learning units and community-based experiences designed to give health professions students a deeper understanding of rural and urban health care, caring for underserved populations, and the importance of practice transformation in a clinical care setting.
Scholars will focus on five core issues – behavioral health integration, cultural competency, interprofessional education, practice transformation, and social determinants of health.
- Must be in the final two years of an accredited health professions program. (Two-year degree programs are eligible to apply.)
- Must be available to participate for two years.
- Must have reliable transportation – this program includes multiple site visits across the selected AHEC region.
- Must be able to provide the necessary paperwork (such as W-9 and direct deposit form) to receive the annual stipend of $750 that supports participation.
- Must be willing to respond to AHEC on an annual basis upon completion for updates on practice location and activities.
- Must submit program evaluations related to activities.
- Must be available to participate in 40 hours of online learning units and 40 hours of team-based community experiences per year (for two years).
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
Regular Application Deadline: September 17th, 2021. Click here to apply.