BUNKER HILL – Sunday, the body of Marine Corporal Humberto Sanchez, 22, Logansport, will be transported to Indiana. Sanchez was killed on August 26, 2021, while serving on active duty in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Sanchez’s body will arrive at Grissom Air Reserve Base at approximately 10:30 a.m. A procession escorting his body to Logansport will depart the airbase at approximately 10:45 a.m.
The procession route is as follows:
- North on Foreman from the base,
- West or left on SR 218 to US 35,
- North or right on US 35 to East Main Street., (Logansport)
- Right on East Main Street
- Continuing west on East Main Street to Burlington Avenue
- Turning north or right on Burlington, (Burlington turns into 3rd Street)
- Continuing north to East Market Street
- Turning east or right on East Market, continue east on Market Street to 18th Street
- Turning north or left on 18th Street, staying on 18th Street for two blocks
- Turning west or left onto Broadway for 1 ½ blocks and arriving at Gundrum Funeral Home on 1603 East Broadway
There will be a garrison flag positioned at Market and 8th Streets in Logansport. The procession will stop there for approximately 30 seconds.
Those wishing to honor Corporal Sanchez’s ultimate sacrifice to our country are encouraged to line the procession route. Suggested viewing areas are Foreman near Grissom Air Reserve Base, along State Road 218 and U.S. 35 in Walton, and along the entire route in Logansport.
Google link of the procession route.