(BEDFORD) – The Lawrence County Commissioners were given updates on several bridge and road projects by Lawrence County Highway Superintendent David Holmes.
The commissioners approved the bids on bridge replacements for both bridge #62 and bridge #124 for design and build from CLR. Bridge 62 will cost $155,000 and Bridge #124 will cost $232,000.
The Community Crossing Grant award of $1 million will be used to pave several roads within Lawrence County. Holmes will take bids for these projects in February:
- Tunnelton Road
- Indian Creek Road
- Burton Cemetery Road
- Judah – Logan Road
- Ozee Farm Road
- Kings Ridge Road
Holmes reports that the county will have to pay $15,000 to CSX railroad to conduct a study for work on Mill Creek Road. Indiana Department of Transportation will provide 80 percent after the county pays CSX that amount.
An application has been submitted to the Federal government for a bridge replacement and road realignment for Bridge #172 on Cement Plant Road. The total cost for that project is estimated at $1.6 million.
In other business:
- Received three bids for the Courthouse Plaza replacement. That bid was taken under advisement
- Instructed the Human Resources Department to develop a COVID-19 policy in accordance with new CDC guidelines
- Lawrence County Emergency Management Director Valarie Luchauer is developing a vaccination plan for 2021.
- Major Greg Taylor of the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department submitted a jail report:
- 134 – Total Inmates
- 113 – Male
- 21 – Females
- 10 – Department of Corrections
- 0 – Parole holds