(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana Department of Education today congratulated the Indiana recipients of the U.S. Department of Education’s (US Ed) National Blue Ribbon Schools Award.
“Building a school community focused on student achievement and growth is a foundation for academic excellence and success,” said State Superintendent Dr. Jennifer McCormick. I congratulate Indiana’s Blue Ribbon Schools for their commitment to creating a climate centered around establishing and maintaining high academic expectations. Their work deserves this national recognition.”
Created in 1982, the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program honors public and private elementary, middle, and high schools that are either high-performing or have improved student achievement – especially among disadvantaged students. Each year, US Ed awards schools whose students attain and maintain academic excellence. The National Blue Ribbon program is part of a larger national effort to identify and disseminate knowledge about best school leadership and teaching practices.
The following schools are Indiana recipients of the 2020 National Blue Ribbon Schools Award:
- Boone Meadow School – Zionsville Community Schools
- Cedarville Elementary School – East Allen County Schools
- Harris Elementary School – Greenfield-Central Community Schools
- Herron High School – Herron Charter
- Ireland Elementary School – Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools
- Kolling Elementary School – Lake Central School Corporation
- North Salem Elementary School – North West Hendrick Schools
- Speedway Senior High School – School Town of Speedway
For more information on the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program, please visit: www2.ed.gov/programs/nclbbrs/index.html. To learn more about Indiana’s participation in the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program, please visit: www.doe.in.gov/accountability/blue-ribbon-schools.