(BEDFORD) – Bedford Mayor Sam Craig reported to the Bedford Parks Board that work has started on the Red Brick at Otis Park.
The removal of asbestos has begun and there will be another sampling taken later to make sure all of it has been removed before the construction phase of the project can begin.
Asphalt will be laid around the shelter house starting today.
Gary Dorsett reported there were 25 runners who participated in the 2nd Butch Fish 10 Mile Dam Run on Saturday.
“Thanks to Jim Sowders and all the volunteers who made this a great event. And thanks to Holly Davis for providing a breakfast to the runners,” said Doresett.
Updates on upcoming events include:
- This Saturday the 13th Annual Car Show will be held at Thornton Park. This is in partnership with Southern Indiana’s Classic Hits 105.5 WQRK. Registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. and judging begins at Noon. Door prizes, music, and food will be available. All types of vehicles are welcome. There is a $10 registration fee.
- The 2020 Softball Season concludes this Thursday at Murray Park after a 10 game season.
- Continuing Yoga is ongoing on Thursday nights with instructor Trudy Brown. Brown will be offering a Beginners Class starting on October 20th. Classes will be held on Tuesday’s from 7:00 p.m. until 8:15 p.m. Fee is $42 for a six week class. Contact the Bedford Parks Department Office to register.
- The Fall Break Fun Day will be held on October 15th in front of the Bedford Parks Department Office.
Golf Pro Report:
- This year has been a great year for Otis Park even through the COVID-19 pandemic. Open Play continues for $20 which is a bargain price to be able to play golf. Play continues in 15 minute intervals.
- Revenue from last year at Otis Park was $68,591.86 and this year’s revenue was at $60,686.14.
- The Bedford North Lawrence High School Girls Sectional is this Saturday. The girls golf team had a great year with 56 wins and 30 losses. Statistics include 323 for lowest 18-hole and 155 for 9-holes.
- A 5th-8th grade league session will take place at the end of September which will include 4 sessions
- Adult Golf Fall Beginner Course will also be starting up. Call Otis Park Golf House for more details.