(BEDFORD) – The City of Bedford is offering a grant program for small businesses in the City of Bedford impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The grant is designed for businesses located in the City of Bedford.
Criteria for the grant include:
- Gross receipts equal to or less than $1 million
- 100 or fewer employees (full and part-time)
- Low to moderate income owner (micro enterprise) or 51 percent of employees retained are low to moderate income on an aggregated basis
- Business must demonstrate direct financial impact/need as result of COVID-19
- Preferences given locally-owned businesses
- Preferences given to Minority – Women, and/or Veteran – Owned businesses.
The grant program is made available to businesses to retain jobs with the persons who are determined to be low to moderate income by job category.
The grant amount is $5,000 per job retained with a maximum of $10,000.
Those businesses wishing to apply need to complete an application which includes a business Form W-9 are to be submitted to the City of Bedford Mayor Sam Craig’s office.
Application forms are available at Bedford City Hall and on the city’s website at http://www.bedford.in.us/
- Applications are to be submitted to Bedford City Hall by October 2, 2020 by the close of business (4:00 p.m.). They may be dropped off, mailed, or emailed to email@example.com.
- All applications received on or before that date will be considered filed at the same time.
- Subsequent applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funds are available.
- Scanned and e-mailed applications as well as digital signatures will be accepted.
- The business must enter into an agreement or contract to commit to remain open and make the best efforts to remain in business for 2 years retaining the stipulated number of employees. The business must provide annual reports to the city of the business status after the project is closed out by the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs.
A committee will be appointed by Mayor Sam Craig to review the applications and award the grant funding. The funds will not be dispersed until at least January of 2021.