(UNDATED) – Even with the extended deadline – July 15 -there is only over one month left to file your individual income taxes. The good news is there is still time for eligible Hoosiers to take advantage of the free tax filing program, INfreefile.
The INfreefile program allows qualifying individuals with a 2019 adjusted gross income of $69,000 or less to file both federal and state taxes electronically for free using the same trusted vendors they would usually pay to use. While over 95,000 Hoosiers have taken advantage of this program so far in 2020, nearly 2 million Hoosiers may qualify.
Still Need to File?
You can visit the INfreefile website directly to access the list of DOR-approved vendors, which include:
- FreeTax USA
- H&R Block
- OLT Online Taxes
- Tax Slayer
- Tax Act
- Turbo Tax
Why Should You use INfreefile?
- Faster refunds: A paper-filed return can take up to 8 weeks versus up to 2-3 weeks for an electronically filed return.
- Confirmation: You’ll receive confirmation that your return was received and accepted.
- 24/7 access: You can access INfreefile at any time, day or night.
- Easy to use: All INfreefile options are user-friendly and include step-by-step instructions.
- More efficient: You can prepare and file your federal and state tax returns at the same time.
- Convenient: INfreefile provides the added convenience of direct deposit for refunds and direct debit for payment of taxes owed.
Reminder: if you have used the INfreefile program previously, all returning users must create a new account for each tax filing year to be able to file for free.
For additional questions or concerns about INfreefile or individual income taxes visit DOR’s website or call DOR Customer Service at 317-232-2240, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., EST.