(INDIANAPOLIS) — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 815 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories.
That brings to 18,630 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
To date, 99,639 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 94,998 on Thursday.
Marion County had the most new cases, at 246. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (31), Bartholomew (11), Cass (50), Clark (24), Dearborn (13), Greene (34), Hamilton (42), Hendricks (35), Jackson (20), Johnson (15), Lake (81), Montgomery (21), Orange (25), Shelby (12) and St. Joseph (11). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 99 positive cases, 13 deaths, and 536 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 126 positive cases, 8 deaths, and 1,233 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 261 positive cases, 12 deaths, and 619 people have been tested
- Brown County has 16 positive cases, 1 death, and 69 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 47 positive cases, 13 deaths, and 348 people have been tested
- Greene County has 90 positive cases, 6 deaths, and 439 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 157 positive cases, 1 death, and 641 people have been tested
- Martin County has 7 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 67 people have been tested
- Orange County has 101 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 287 people have been tested
- Washington County has 44 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 262 people have been tested
A total of 1,062 Hoosiers have been confirmed to have died of COVID-19, an increase of 55 over the previous day following the removal of one duplication. Another 113 probable deaths have been reported. Probable deaths are those for which a physician listed COVID-19 as a contributing cause based on X-rays, scans, and other clinical symptoms but for which no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.