(INDIANAPOLIS) —The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 611 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories.
That brings to 9,542 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
To date, 51,115 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 48,396 on Tuesday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 113. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (44), Elkhart (19), Floyd (10), Hamilton (15), Hendricks (18), Johnson (11), LaPorte (70), Lake (106), Porter (14) and St. Joseph (35). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 74 positive cases, 9 deaths and 295 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 102 positive cases, 2 deaths and 741 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 116 positive cases, 5 deaths, 298 people have been tested
- Brown County has 14 positive cases, 1 death and 40 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 24 positive cases, 1 death and 152 people have been tested
- Greene County has 36 positive cases, 2 deaths and 233 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 77 positive cases, 0 deaths and 356 people have been tested
- Martin County has 5 positive cases, 0 deaths and 38 people have been tested
- Orange County has 22 positive cases, 4 deaths and 134 people have been tested
- Washington County has 28 positive cases, 0 deaths and 125 people have been tested
A total of 477 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.