(MITCHELL) – The Mitchell Community School Board met at Burris Elementary School on Monday evening.
The school board approved the Media Club filming athletic events as well as arts programs.
The School Board also approved Terry Thomas of Signals Driving School to provide driver’s education to students at Mitchell High School.
In keeping up with new state guidelines, the corporation eliminated an item from the Graduation Honors program.
At the recommendation of the Transportation Director, bus drivers for Routes 15 and 32 have been traded.
The Board also approved a $2,000 stipend for a teacher who is teaching the Dual Credit Courses.
The Board will advertise for two positions for the special needs program at Mitchell Junior High and High School. The positions are currently filled by members of Joint Services which will be disbanding.
In other business:
The following personnel moves were approved.
- Resignation of Mitchell High School Boys Varsity Basketball Coach Doug Thomas. This was effective on March 4, 2020.
- Dru Lindsay was hired as Title I Aide Hatfield Elementary School effective March 10, 2020.
- Madison McGinnis will continue to fill in for Pam Canada who is taking an extended leave effective April 13, 2020.
- Steven Sabo – High School Track throwing coach for the 2019-2020 School year.
- Donnie Gratzer – Varsity Assistant Football Coach for the 2020-20221 School year.
- Zach See – Varsity Assistant Football Coach for the 2020-2021 School year.
- Jamie Kirk – Junior Varsity Assistant Football Coach for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Amos Wegner – Junior Varsity Assistant Football Coach for 2020-2021 school year.
- Volunteers for Mitchell Football Greg Brown, Doug LaFevor, BJ Lindsey, and Brian Brazzel.
NELO will be assisting the corporation in drafting a bed bug policy.
The Mitchell High School Child Development Class was recognized for raising funds for a Baby Box to be installed in the Mitchell area.