(MITCHELL) – Mitchell Assistant School Superintendent Brent Comer will assume duties, roles, and responsibilities while Dr. Wilcox will be on extended leave for an upcoming surgery.
Prior to this evening’s school board meeting, the public was able to tour the Mitchell Junior and High School looking at the buildings during an Open Session of the School Board.
Mitchell Community School Board President, Chris Shaw provided a few comments on this evening’s tour.
The following actions were also taken during Monday’s school board meeting:
- The Mitchell School board approved a resolution to make an offer on a property located at 509 North 9th Street in Mitchell. The offer will be made off of two appraisals of the property.
- Hatfield Elementary field trip to the Wonder Lab on April 26th was approved.
- FFA Field Trip to National Farm Machinery Show February 12th was approved.
- A recommendation to approve the opening of the Extra-Curricular Account for the Class of 2021 was approved. The funds will be used for Prom and other items related to this class.
- NEOLA for services to update the board on corporation policy was approved.
- Policy on bed bugs was taken under advisement.
- Dr. Comer will review current and future dual credit courses.
The next Open Session will be conducted at next month’s School Board Meeting at Burris Elementary School.