(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana Commission for Higher Education is extending the grant deadline for the 2020 School and Community Partnership Grant to February 12 at 5 p.m. EST. These grants are designed to bring together K-12 schools, postsecondary institutions, employers and community organizations to plan and implement supportive efforts for students of all ages completing education and training beyond high school.
The School and Community Partnership Grant is designed to support collaborative efforts of the state’s college and career readiness priorities, including:
- Completion of the 21st Century Scholars’ Scholar Success Program and maintaining academic eligibility with at least a 2.5 grade point average;
- Family engagement programming, including enrollment in the 21st Century Scholars program and promotion of the state’s Next Level Jobs program; and
- Pre-college and postsecondary professional development, focused on Indiana’s college achievement gap.
“Our community partners play an integral role in increasing the number of Hoosiers with some form of postsecondary education and training beyond high school,” said Indiana Commissioner for Higher Education Teresa Lubbers. “These grants will help develop the programs being implemented as we collectively work toward meeting Indiana’s education and workforce needs.”
Funding for the School and Community Partnership Grant is made possible through Indiana Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP). Led by a team of staff from Purdue University and the Commission, one of the primary goals of Indiana GEAR UP is to increase the number of students who are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.
Eligible applicants can apply for up to $5,000 for their spring and summer programming. If the partnership directly supports an Indiana GEAR UP cohort high school, that increases the award amount up to $10,000. The winners will implement their suggested programs and events from the end of February through July 22, 2020.
Indiana GEAR UP Cohort High Schools
- Arsenal Technical High School
- Charlestown High School
- Crawford County High School
- Jefferson High School
- Jeffersonville High School
- Kokomo High School
- Maconaquah High School
- Muncie Central High School
- Purdue Polytechnic High School
- Warren Central High School
- West Side Leadership Academy
For more information about the School and Community Partnership Grant, visit https://learnmoreindiana.org/scholars/alumni-partners/.