(SEYMOUR) – A full call out of yellow snowplow trucks begins this afternoon and evening across the Indiana Department of Transportation’s Southeast District in anticipation of forecasted rain transitioning to accumulating snow.
Plow drivers will work in 12-hour shifts until snow subsides and road conditions improve. Below is the call-out schedule by subdistrict:
- Aurora: 29 plow trucks beginning at 4 p.m.
- Bloomington: 29 plow trucks beginning at 3 p.m.
- Columbus: 31 plow trucks beginning at 3 p.m.
- Falls City: 26 plow trucks beginning at 5 p.m.
- Madison: 30 plow trucks beginning at 4 p.m.
All crews will be prepared to clear and treat roads as conditions warrant. Operations will be adjusted as conditions change.
- Reduce speeds: Allow extra time to reach your destination, be patient as snowplows travel below the posted speed limits.
- Safe distance: Do not tailgate and give snowplows plenty of room to work, allow plenty of time to slow down.
- Pay attention: Drive distraction-free, focus on safe driving, be aware of surroundings and changing road conditions
- Know before you go: Check road and traffic conditions at http://indot.carsprogram.org or the INDOT mobile app. County travel advisories can be found on the Department of Homeland Security Website at http://in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory.