(BEDFORD) – Bedford Revitalization Inc. is bringing back an old tradition of Bedford downtown merchants sponsoring essay contests for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
The competition is open to any North Lawrence Community School system or home school student in the fourth or fifth grade.
The theme of the essay is “Why my Mother is Special” or “Why my Father is Special.”
One prize will be awarded for each contest.
It will be a grand basket of items donated from the downtown merchants which would be appropriate for both a child and a parent or for a family to enjoy together.
Excerpts from the essays will be posted in businesses and given to the media and other venues to promote the winning essay.
Mothers Day is May 12, Fathers Day is June 16, during summer break, so officials want essays turned by May 3.
- The competition is open to any North Lawrence 4th or 5th grade public, private or home-schooled student.
- Essays should range from 100 to 300 words, handwritten or typed.
- Essay Theme: “Why my Mother is Special” or “Why my Father is Special” and convey clear thoughts
- The judges will accept a broad interpretation of the theme and allow for grandparents, foster parents or other people who fill the role of a parent in a child’s life.
- If the student wishes to add artwork with their essay, it is encouraged but not required.
- Each student should include their name, grade and school (or address if home-schooled) with their essay.
Essays may be submitted electronically to email@example.com or hand-written to Bedford Revitalization, Inc, PO Box 591, Bedford, IN 47421.
For questions contact Teena Ligman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-278-0139