OWEN CO. – The activities and buildings that closed on March 31 due to storm damage have reopened at McCormick’s Creek State Park.
- Canyon Inn – Open for lodging, dining, and group use. More info
- Cabins – Family cabins, Camp McCormick, and Camp NaWaKwa are open and available for rental. More info
- Nature Center – Open with interpretive programming.
- Saddle Barn – Open and ready to welcome riders. More info
- Shelters – Shelters and recreation buildings are open for picnicking, reunions, etc., except for Beech Grove Shelter and Friendly Recreation Building. More info
- Activities – Guests can climb the fire tower, see the falls, and visit the Peden Farmstead and the spring house on open trails.
- Wildflowers – Are still popping, and it’s a great time to enjoy birds along open trails, at the Nature Center feeders, and from Canyon Inn’s dining room.
- Accessibility Chairs – There are two at the Nature Center. One is motorized and can be used on paved surfaces and level, hard-packed soil. The second is hand-powered.
- Swimming – The public pool opens Memorial Day weekend.