INDIANA – Are you a Hoosier or do you know a Hoosier receiving long-term service and supports Medicaid benefits? Are you a caregiver for someone who receives long-term services and supports as a Medicaid benefit?
The Family Social Services Administration Division of Aging in collaboration with Indiana Medicaid wants to hear from you about your experience with long-term services and support in Indiana. FSSA will be holding a series of community conversations from Oct. 3 to 7, 2022. The purpose of these conversations will be to discuss services and supports that older Hoosiers and their caregivers need as they age and the changes that the state is making to improve the overall system.
FSSA would like to hear from consumers to learn about what’s working or not working within the long-term care services system in Indiana. We encourage older Hoosiers and their caregivers to participate in public conversations. The community conversations will be occurring across the state and will be led by FSSA with support from ADvancing States and the Indiana Minority Health Coalition.
Each session will begin with a discussion of how managed long-term services and supports can benefit older Hoosiers followed by the opportunity to share concerns and have questions answered.
The community conversations are open to the public and are being held on the dates and locations listed below. If special accommodations need to be made, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oct. 3, 2022
- Brazil Public Library: 204 N Walnut St. Brazil, IN – 10:30 a.m.- 12 p.m.
- Vigo County Public Library: 1 Library Square, Terre haute, IN 47807. Meeting Rooms A – 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 4, 2022
- Mill Race Center: 900 Lindsey St. Columbus, IN 47201 – 10:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
- Monroe County Public Library: 303 E. Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, IN 47408 Meeting Room 1B – 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 5, 2022
- Knox County Library Board Room: 521 N 6th St. Vincennes, IN (located across the street from Main Library) – 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Evansville Public Library Central: 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Evansville, IN 47713 Event Room B – 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 6, 2022
- Bedford Public Library: 1323 K Street, Bedford, IN 47421 – 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Central Library: 180 W Spring St, New Albany, IN 47150 – Applegate room – 5 -6 p.m.
- Oct. 7, 2022
- Jefferson County Public Library: Madison, 420 W. Main St, Madison, IN 47280 (Auditorium) – 2 -3 p.m.
- Morrison Reeves Library: Bard Room, 80 N 6th St, Richmond, IN 47374 – 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
The Division of Aging is a program of the Indiana Family & Social Services Administration. If you have questions about Aging programs and services, visit us online at www.IN.gov/fssa/aging.