BEDFORD – The Bedford Planning Department issued its monthly report for building construction and permits issued for the month of August, for a total of $1,666,719
A total of 21 permits were issued for the month of August including $434,092.00 for the commercial remodel of the former JC Penny location for the incoming Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Store at 1118 James Avenue.
The project was first announced at the May Bedford Plan Commission meeting. The company has been working on the building since then, preparing it to be ready for use in the near future. No official word has been released as of yet on when the store will officially open.
List of permits for August:
- Commercial Building with inspections – 3
- Commercial Building without inspections – 1
- Demolition – 5
- New Public Building – 1
- New Residential Construction – 6
- Residential Construction without inspections – 2
- Residential Construction with inspection – 2
- Signs – 1