BEDFORD – Krystal Shetler has filed for the Mitchell Community Schools Board seat. She will face off against incumbent Chris Shaw, who has served as the president of the school board of trustees.
Four people have filed for the North Lawrence Community School Board of Trustees.
North Lawrence Community School District 1 Seat
- Incumbent Kirsten Collier
- Jason Johnson
North Lawrence Community School District 2 Seat
- Adam Parsley
North Lawrence Community School District 3 Seat
- Scott King
Candidates interested in filing for the upcoming school board races for NLCS, and Mitchell Community Schools can now file.
Positions that will be available for each school corporation include:
The following School Board Trustee positions are open for the 2022 General Election on November 8, 2022:
- District 1 – Includes Precincts of Indian Creek North, Indiana Creek South & Spice Valley North. Currently held by Kirsten Collier
- District 2-Includes Precincts of Marshall 1, 2, 3, and Pleasant Run. Currently held by Trent Todd
- District 3-Includes Precincts of Guthrie, Shawswick 14A, 14B, 15A & 15B. Currently held by Bryce Bennett
- District 5-Includes Precincts of Shawswick 12, 13 and the west side of Hwy 37 in Shawswick 7A, 7B, 10, 16. Currently held by Dr. Kamal Girgis
- Mitchell Community Schools – 2 positions, for District 2 Includes Precincts of Marion 1, 2, 3, 4, 5A, 5B, 5C & 6. Currently held by Cristopher Shaw and Cindy Fleener Brooking.
School board races are non-partisan seats, and each board member serves four-year terms. For candidates to be nominated for each of the school board races, they are required to file a petition with the county clerk’s office, which must include the signatures of 10 registered voters in the district they reside in and are running for.
The deadline to file is August 26th at noon.