BEDFORD – As a part of Mayor Sam Craig’s efforts to improve the roadways of Bedford, a new milling and paving schedule was released, including multiple areas starting today, and running through Friday, August 5th.
The roadways included in this schedule include:
- Pumphouse Road from State Road 37 to the Boat Club property entrance
- 17th Street from N to Q streets, including the entrance to Thornton Park
- 24th Street from Mitchell Road to G Street
- 39th Street from State Road 37 to Washington Ave
- H Street from 25th to I streets
The city has provided the following instruction during the repaving process, and apologize for any inconveniences this may cause for community members.
- No on street parking until milling and paving are complete
- Schedule is dependent on weather conditions
- Scheduled time period daily is 7:30 am to 7:00 pm
- The postal service has been notified of these closures as well as all emergency personnel. If you are aware of deliveries, please contact them and let them know of the closures
- Please avoid these streets if you do not reside on them until paving is complete
- Be patient, cautious and aware of heavy equipment in these areas
- Put your residential trash out as usual
If you have any questions about the milling and repaving project for these listed areas, you can contact Bedford Street Commissioner David Flinn at email@example.com or 812-279-9222.