LAWRENCE CO. – Filing for local school board offices for November 8, 2022, General Election begins Wednesday, July 27th, and ends on August 26th at noon.
Filing for a school board is a different process than filing for a state or local office, said Lawrence County Clerk Billie Tumey.
All school board candidates are required to obtain a minimum of 10 signatures on a prescribed state form. All signatures must be from a registered voter in the school district the potential candidate resides. The registered voter must be registered at their listed address on the petition.
“We recommend obtaining more than 10 signatures for certification,” added Tumey. “Voter Registration employees will certify signatures obtained from registered voters.”
Forms needed to file are: CAN-34 Petition of Nomination and Consent for School Board Office Elected
in 2022 and CAN -12 Statement of Economic Interests for Local and School Board Offices. Forms are available at the Lawrence County Voter Registration Office in the Courthouse Plaza 918 16th Street, Suite 200, Bedford. The office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (closed from noon to 1 p.m. for lunch).
Call the Voter Registration Office at 812-277-2036 with any questions on the candidate process or the district location.
The following School Board Offices up for election this November 8, 2022, General Election:
- North Lawrence Community Schools – 4 positions, one for each district listed
- District 1 – Includes Precincts of Indian Creek North, Indiana Creek South & Spice Valley North. Currently held by Kirsten Collier
- District 2-Includes Precincts of Marshall 1, 2, 3, and Pleasant Run. Currently held by Trent Todd
- District 3-Includes Precincts of Guthrie, Shawswick 14A, 14B, 15A & 15B. Currently held by Bryce Bennett
- District 5-Includes Precincts of Shawswick 12, 13 and the west side of Hwy 37 in Shawswick 7A, 7B, 10, 16. Currently held by Dr. Kamal Girgis
- Mitchell Community Schools – 2 positions, 2 for District 2
- District 2-Includes Precincts of Marion 1, 2, 3, 4, 5A, 5B, 5C & 6. Currently held by Cristopher Shaw and Cindy Fleener Brooking.