WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is encouraging government agencies, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations to view this year’s Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) assessment opportunities and to submit a brief proposal by Aug. 1. Categories include:
- Using human-centered design to improve access to and the appeal of CRP across a diversity of eligible producers.
- Collecting data about the seed (or seedling) mixes planted on land enrolled in CRP,
- Tracking haying and grazing and other management on land enrolled in CRP,
- Developing a CRP offer submission process that improves the customer experience and increases conservation benefits, and
- Evaluating plant composition and productivity on land enrolled in CRP using remote sensing data and machine learning techniques.