BEDFORD – A flag-raising ceremony and breakfast will be held on Monday, July 4 at 8:30 a.m. at Golden Corral in Bedford.
Breakfast will be served free of charge to veterans. Family members are invited to join but will have to pay for their own meals.
“I want to personally thank Ronnie Nubble for sponsoring this event. Golden Corral has always been a strong supporter of the Lawrence County Veterans,” says Brad Bough, Lawrence County Veteran Affairs Officer.
Schedule of events:
- 8:30 a.m. Brad Bough, the introduction of Golden Corral Owner Ronnie Nubbie
- 8:31 a.m. Welcoming remarks by Golden Corral Owner Ronnie Nubbie
- 8:33 a.m. Opening Prayer by USMC Veteran Pastor Bob Courson, of Mitchell First Church of God
- 8:35 a.m. Flag Raising by Golden Corral Owner Ronnie Nubbie, with American Legion Gillian Post 33 Honor Guard
- 8:38 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance led by Lawrence County Commissioner President Rodney Fish
- 8:40 a.m. Recognition of Officials in Attendance by Sheriff Mike Branham
- 8:41 a. m. Recognition of First Responders by Bedford Fire Chief and USN Veteran Jon Hughes
- 8:42 a.m. LTC Cladie Bailey, Chapter 2 Disabled American Veterans $500 donation to Camp Corral
- 8:44 a. m. Remarks from officials in attendance
- 8:48 a.m. Keynote Speaker Bedford Mayor Sam Craig
- 8:58 a.m. Father Jegan Peter, Saint Vincent de Paul Catholic Church closing prayer and blessing of the meal
- 9:00 a.m. Breakfast