BLOOMINGTON – Monroe County Community School Corporation is happy to announce that we will be continuing the elementary K – 6th grade Extended Day Program in all of our elementary schools for the 2022-2023 school year.
The school corporation remains committed to providing high-quality Extended Day programming that families have come to appreciate and expect from MCCSC for years. Additionally, officials have made a few program enhancements that they are excited to share with you:
- INCREASED PROGRAM CAPACITY. For the 2022-2023 school year, capacity at each site will be doubled. This increase will allow MCCSC to serve 560 students next year compared to 280 students this year. We also are committed to further expanding capacity based on demand, as additional staff becomes available.
- FREE EXTENDED DAY. Also new for the 2022-2023 school year, students who qualify for Indiana’s free and reduced lunch participation and textbook assistance program may attend at NO charge. In order to accommodate all interested participants and to qualify for free participation, monthly attendance of 60% is required. Additional details on Indiana’s lunch and textbook assistance programs may be found on the “Family” tab of MCCSC’s website: mccsc.edu.
- INCREASED TIME. While fiscal and staffing constraints prohibit the significant expansion of our extended day hours, MCCSC will be ending our after-school programming 15 minutes later for the 2022-2023 school year. This change will provide a full four hours of extended day programming. When added to the 6 hours and 45 minutes of the traditional elementary school day, the total amount of time for school-based educational opportunities and support next year will be 10 hours and 45 minutes.
- HOURS. While the specific school day hours may vary, extended day programming will have the same start time as last year for all elementary schools. Therefore, hours for Extended Day for 2022-2023 will be as follows:
- Elementary Group I (Arlington, Binford, Childs, Highland Park, Fairview & Rogers)
- Morning hours: 7:00 a.m. until the start of school. (School begins at 9:00 a.m.)
- Afternoon hours: 3:45 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
- Elementary Group II (Clear Creek, Grandview, Lakeview, Marlin, Summit, Templeton, Unionville & University)
- Morning hours: 7:00 a.m. until the start of school. (School begins at 9:30 a.m.)
- Afternoon hours: 4:15 p.m.- 5:45 p.m.
Enrollment for the 2022-2023 Extended Day program began on Monday, May 9th. Additional information, including costs and application, may be found at www.mccsc.edu under the “Departments/Extended Day” tabs. Officials encourage families to enroll early they know this will continue to be a popular program. If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-330-7702.