MITCHELL – The Mitchell Community School board approved a five-year contract to Mitchell High School Varsity Basketball Coach Jackson Ryan.
The contract will begin in the 2022 -2023 Academic School year through 2027, a move that Athletic Director Amos Wegner said was what the school needed.
“We aren’t looking at the numbers of wins and losses right now, what is important is that Jackson is making this his program from the bottom up. He has been involved with the Elementary Schools and Junior High, which proves our point on how committed he is to making each student-athlete better,” said Wegner.
In other personnel changes:
- Gloria Schlemmer – Retirement Hatfield and Burris Elementary Art Teacher – effective May 23, 2022 after over 30 years of service to MCS.
- Linda Neves – Retirement Burris Elementary Remediation Aide – effective May 20, 2022 after serving more than 30 years with MCS.
- Robyn Conn – Resignation Cheerleader sponsor Mitchell High School effective April 8, 2022
- Tony Sanders – 7th Grade Boys Basketball Coach effective April 5th, 2022
- Amy King – Mitchell Junior High School Grade 8 Math – effective August 1, 2022
- Amy Smith – Hatfield Elementary Title I Aide effective April 11, 2022
- Brianne McIntosh – Hatfield Elementary Temporary Title I Aide – effective April 11, 2022
Extra-Curricular Contract Extensions
- Tim Hayworth – Girls Varsity Basketball Coach – 2022-2023
- Jeff Selby – Varsity Soccer Coach – 2022 -2023
- Matt Sowders – Varsity Boys Golf Coach – 2022-2023
- Matt Sowders – Varsity Girls Golf Coach – 2022 -2023
- Levi Lotz – E Sports Coach – 2022 -2023
- Issac Brown – Assistant E Coach – 2022-2023
- Melissa Passmore – from Hatfield Title I Aide to Mitchell Junior High School Administrative Assistant effective April 4th
- Andrea Hudson – from grade 6 ELA to grade 6 Science effective April 1, 2022