MARION CO. – Starting tomorrow, weather permitting, Vermont Street will close under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street to allow for Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) retaining wall installation. This closure is anticipated to continue through March 4.
Throughout the duration of this closure, eastbound traffic will be detoured to New York Street while westbound traffic will be redirected to Michigan Street.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Project information can be found at northsplit.com.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution, and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, visit northsplit.com or text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
Indiana motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time throughout the state, here: https://www.in.gov/indot/2420.htm.
For details on the lane restrictions and closures associated with the current work, please visit 511 Cars for more information.