ORANGE COUNTY – Orange County Produce Safety Alliance and Safe Produce Indiana is hosting a produce safety course on Wednesday, February 23rd from 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Orleans Public Library at 174 N Maple St.
The 7-hour course is for fruit and vegetable growers and others interested in learning about produce safety, the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule, Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), and co-management of natural resources and food safety.
The PSA Grower Training Course is one way to satisfy the FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirement outlined in §112.22(c). The trainers will spend approximately seven hours of instruction time covering content contained in these seven modules:
- Introduction to Produce Safety
- Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Soil Amendments
- Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
- Agricultural Water (Part I: Production Water; Part II: Postharvest Water)
- Postharvest Handling and Sanitation
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
The training team will follow local, state, and federal COVID-19 regulations and guidelines during the training.
The cost will be$90, and includes a training certificate and instruction manual. You can register at: https://ag.purdue.edu/ext…/safeproduce/Pages/training.aspx.