MARION CO. – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced today the overnight closure of the Michigan Street exit ramp two nights this week. The I-70 westbound to I-65 southbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp to the Michigan Street exit will close nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. tonight, Tuesday, December 7, and Wednesday, December 8 for overhead beam installation. The nightly closures are needed so large beams can be safely maneuvered over the roadway.
During this closure, motorists will be rerouted to the I-65 exits to Meridian Street/Pennsylvania Street (exit 113) and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street to West Street (exit 114). Ramp traffic to the Michigan Exit will be restricted from two lanes to one lane between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. The C/D ramp to Ohio Street remains closed.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution, and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from New York Street and Michigan Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split