Missing man located, later dies

BEDFORD – On Friday, July 30 at approximately 1:40 a.m. family members reported that 38-year-old Bradford J. Arnold, of 2637 Judah Logan Road had been missing from his residence for approximately an hour after going outside
and not returning.

Deputies from the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department responded and located a cane used by Arnold to assist him in walking, lying in the grass about 100 yards from his residence.

Bradford Arnold

Chief Deputy Gregg Taylor reported officers and neighbors diligently checked the surrounding area by foot and via all-terrain vehicles.

“A canine track was unsuccessful in locating Mr. Arnold. The area in question was a combination of woods, cornfields, and several outlying structures,” added Chief Deputy Taylor. “Dayshift units responded to assist third shift units who stayed on scene. An ISP helicopter was requested but was delayed due to cloud cover. A drone was requested and before it was on the scene, a neighbor who was walking his property reported hearing what he thought was possibly someone in a thicket next to his barn located at 2718 Judah Logan which was directly across the road from the home
of Mr. Arnold.”

Deputies responded and found the victim caught on a fence in an extremely dense thicket.

Deputies were able to free Arnold from the fence and thicket and place him in the back of an all-terrain vehicle to be transported to the road to await responding medical personnel.

“Shortly after being placed in the back of the ATV, Mr. Arnold’s condition started deteriorating rapidly and deputies began administering lifesaving CPR measures until medical personnel and first responders arrived,” said Chief Deputy Taylor

A Seals Ambulance and IU Health Ambulance crews and Marshall Township Volunteer Fire Department first responders arrived and Arnold was transported to Bloomington Hospital where he later passed away.

“Our officers worked diligently to bring about a good ending to this event, unfortunately, it did not work
out that way. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family,” added Chief Deputy Taylor