INDIANA – The Military Family Relief Fund is designed to assist Indiana veterans and their legal dependents that are experiencing financial hardship.
This emergency grant may be used for needs such as housing, utilities, food, medical services, basic transportation (car payments, insurance, and basic emergency car repair) which have become difficult to afford.
Important required documents
- Completed Application.
- Budget Worksheet (included).
- W-9 Form (Handwritten signature required, included).
- Authorization Form (included).
- A DD-214 showing character of discharge as Honorable, Under Honorable Conditions or (*sometimes) Other than Honorable conditions.
- Statement letter signed by the veteran explaining hardship.
- Current bills, invoices, estimates, receipts, etc.
- Previous month bank statements.
- Evidence of income (pay stubs, VA compensation, SSA, retirement, cash assistance, unemployment, etc.).
- Prior year W-2’s.
- Most recent tax return 1040 form.
- Evidence of any additional assets.
To apply click here.