BEDFORD – Bedford’s Golden Corral will be hosting a flag-raising ceremony and free breakfast for those who have served our country on Sunday, July 4th. The event will begin at 7:30 a.m.
“As veterans, we all honor our nation’s Independence Day. Ronnie Nubbie, owner of Golden Corral, honors our veterans twice a year. First with the breakfast on July 4th and secondly with a dinner recognizing the service and sacrifice of each veteran on Veterans Day,” said Brad Bough, Lawrence County Veterans officer.
On July 4th each veteran will receive their breakfast for free courtesy of Bedford Golden Corral owner, Ronnie Nubbie.
Golden Corral 4th of July Veterans Breakfast schedule of events:
- 7:30 a.m. – Opening Remarks from Master of Ceremonies Brad Bough, Lawrence County Veterans officer
- 7:31 a.m. – Welcome from Golden Corral owner, Ronnie Nubbie
- 7:33 a.m. – Opening Prayer from U.S.M.C. Veteran Pastor Bob Courson, Mitchell First Church of God
- 7:35 a.m. – Flag Raising by Golden Corral Owner, Ronnie Nubbie, with Gillian Post 33 Honor Guard
- 7:38 a.m. – Pledge of allegiance lead by WW II Veteran, Lee Hutchinson
- 7:40 a.m. – Recognition of Officials by Brad Bough
- 7:41 a.m. – Certificate of Appreciation presentation DAV Chapter 2 by DAV NEC, Terry Sanders to Ronnie Nubbie Golden Corral owner
- 7:42 a.m. – DAV NEC Terry Sanders will recognize Lawrence County Veterans Service organizations and their Commanders
- 7:44 a.m. – Remarks by Mayor Sam Craig and other officials
- 7:48 a.m. – Keynote Speaker Lawrence County Prosecutor, Sam Arp
- 7:58 a.m. Closing and prayer before the meal by U.S. Army Purple Heart recipient, Jack Voigtschild
- 8:00 a.m. Breakfast served