UNDATED – With the I-69 Finish Line work zone expanding from Martinsville to I-465 in Indianapolis, information is now organized by county to make it easier to find what matters most to you.
Despite the snow and frigid temperatures in recent weeks, crews have continued working to keep I-69 construction on track.
In the State Road 37 closure zone in Martinsville, bridgework that continues through winter includes driving steel supports into bedrock, pouring and heating concrete so it cures properly, and building up earthen embankments.
Bridge retaining walls are starting to be assembled from the ground up. View the video below to see how INDOT is working faster and safer during the full closure.
The first delivery of concrete beams for the new bridge over Sartor Ditch is scheduled on or after Thursday, March 4. Over two workdays, 14 beams are expected to be delivered over S.R. 67, S.R. 39, Burton Lane, Southview Drive and Ohio Street.
Expect delays for up to 10 minutes as escort vehicles help delivery trucks navigate the turns.
- State Road 37 is restricted to two lanes, one in each direction, with a 45 mph speed limit between Morgan Street and S.R. 144. With the snow melting, watch for an increase in slow-moving truck traffic entering and exiting this work zone.
- In the I-69 work zones and the alternate routes for the S.R. 37 closure, crews are monitoring and maintaining potholes and pavement markings. Additional repairs are planned in the coming weeks as temperatures allow for asphalt paving and more permanent striping in downtown Martinsville.
- When the hot asphalt plants reopen, a final layer of surface paving is also planned for some cul-de-sacs and access roads.
- Travis Road access to S.R. 37 is permanently closed. Local traffic near S.R. 37 should watch for flaggers starting this week as water lines are installed under Travis Road.
- Temporary lane closures along S.R. 37 may occur between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. each day as crews remove and chip felled trees and grind stumps.
- Final design is underway for I-69 from Fairview Road to I-465 and for adding lanes to I-465 on the southwest side of Indianapolis between I-65 and I-70. Fieldwork is occurring on-site to collect soil samples and confirm site locations in support of the design work.
Stay alert for flaggers and temporary lane closures during daylight hours as tree removal and utility crews clear a path for future construction. Specific locations will be posted to the I-69 Finish Line social media channels on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.