Lawrence County Child Support Protocols Amid COVID-19 Pandemic

(BEDFORD) – Today, Prosecutor Sam Arp announced protocols for
assistance with child support and making child support payments amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Lawrence County Prosecutor Sam Arp

“While we certainly understand we are in an unprecedented time, the obligation to pay child support continues amid the pandemic. As per the Governor’s Executive Order, our office remains closed to the public, however, we are still available by phone and ready to assist in meeting the needs of our Lawrence County families,” said Prosecutor Sam Arp.

The Prosecutor’s Office has recently made available a frequently asked questions guide for child support recipients, payors, and for those needing to apply for child support assistance.

“Many people don’t know you do not need a lawyer to access child support. You can contact the Prosecutor’s office to apply and we are able to pursue payments on your behalf,” said Arp.

The FAQ is listed below and includes a variety of ways to pay support, including by mail and online.

Arp encouraged those that owe to continue to pay, “The importance of child support payments to families, particularly amid this ongoing pandemic, cannot be overstated. Those that owe support must continue to make these payments, and we want to make that as easy as possible, particularly while the Clerk’s office is closed to the public for walk-in payments.”

Child support payments can be made online or by phone at 1-866-972-9427 (fees may apply). You can also mail payments to the Indiana State Central Collection Unit at the address below.

If you believe your circumstances have changed, you may request an audit of your to child support payments if your order has been in place longer than 12 months, by contacting the Prosecutor’s office.

For additional questions or concerns, please contact the Prosecutor’s Office, Child Support Division, at 812-275-4272.

Lawrence County Prosecutor’s Office Child Support Division, FAQS:

  1. How do I get information about my child support case? You can access the following information about your case by calling the Kidsline at 1-
    – Your case number and MPI
    – Information about payments
    – Initiate lost check search
    – Update employment and address information
    – Direct deposit information
  2. How can I make a child support payment? You may pay by check, money order, or cashier’s check made payable to INSCCU and mail to Indiana State Central Collection Unit, P.O. Box 7130, Indianapolis, Indiana 46207.
    Include your ISETS case number and custodial party name.
    You may also pay online at
    You may also pay by phone at 1-866-972-9427 (fees may apply).
    You may also report your employment to our office, and we can issue an income withholding order so your child support payments can be taken directly from your payroll check.
  3. How can I get a payment history?
    You can contact the Clerk’s Office at 812-275-7543.
  4. Who can help with or answer questions about parenting time?
    You can call the Indiana Parenting Time Hotline at 1-844-836-0003.
  5. If I have a child support order how can I get help enforcing it?
    You do not need to hire a lawyer for help enforcing a child support order. You may visit to apply for child support assistance. Completed applications can be submitted to the Prosecutor’s Office. Please call the Child Support Division at 812-275-4172 to schedule an interview. We will need a copy of your court order. If you are represented by an attorney, we will also need a letter of consent from your lawyer to allow us to assist you.
  6. What do I need to do to get an order for child support or to establish paternity and child support for my child? You do not need to hire a lawyer for help getting a child support order. You may visit to apply for child support assistance. Completed applications can be submitted to the Prosecutor’s Office. Please call the Child Support Division at 812-275- 4172 to schedule an appointment (in person appointments will be delayed until April). You will be given a time to return with your completed application. You will need to bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate and paternity affidavit.
  7. Has my case been submitted for tax offset? Any case with past-due child support of $500 or more being enforced by the Prosecutor’s Office is automatically submitted every year.
  8. When will I get the Noncustodial parent refund if I am owed back child support? You may call the Kidsline at 1-800-840-8757 to review when payments are posted.
  9. What if I got an offset notice but I do not think the amount is correct?
    For Federal notice you must write request review on the notice and send to the Child Support Division at 918 16th Street, Suite 500, Bedford, Indiana 47421. For State Notice you must read and follow the instructions on the notice.
  10. What if my youngest child is turning 19, when will my child support case be paid in full? Please write a brief letter and request an audit of your case at least 30 days before the youngest child turns 19. Please include all current contact information. You will be sent and copy of the findings.
  11. What if I have a Court date but lost or can’t remember the date or time? You may call the Lawrence County Circuit Court at 812-275-2421.
  12. What if my circumstances have changed and I would like my order reviewed? If your order is at least 12 months old and child support factors have changed enough that the support amount is 20% different, please call our office 812-275-4172 for information about Petitions to Modify.
  13. What can I do to get a child support lien on a vehicle or property removed? Please call the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Child Support Division to make an appointment for review at 812-275-4172.
  14. What can I do if I received a Notice of Intent to Suspend my driver’s license, hunting or fishing license, or passport? Please call the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Child Support Division, to make an appointment for review at 812-275-4172.