(INDIANAPOLIS) — Governor Eric Holcomb today signed a new executive order in a continuing effort to slow the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Gov. Holcomb outlined these new additional efforts in the executive order:
- The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) has suspended the one-week waiting period that is required before paying unemployment benefits to allow claimants to receive their checks more quickly. The suspension is retroactive to March 8, 2020.
- Hoosiers with chronic health issues will be able to receive a 90-day supply of their non-controlled prescription medication, such as insulin or cholesterol medications.
- Medicaid recipients can use their benefits to cover costs of using alternate forms of transportation, such as ride-sharing services, for appointments to see their healthcare providers.
- The Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) has additional funding flexibility to allow for additional home delivery of meals.
- The Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF) has extended deadlines related to local government finances.
Click here to download public service announcements (PSAs) recorded by the state for your click here.
Click here to see the executive order: https://www.in.gov/gov/2384.htm