(BEDFORD) – The North-Lawrence Community School Board approved several personnel matters during Tuesday’s School Board meeting.
Three board members were not present at the meeting. They included Scott Gillespie, KirstenCollier, and Larry Arnold.
The following personnel changes were approved:
- Transfers: 1. Support Staff Kristan Brummett – Transferring from Shawswick Cook to Cafeteria Monitor effective November 4, 2019.
- Tracey Capps – Transferring from Parkview Library Aide to Lead Elementary Library Instructional Assistant Full-Time effective November 13, 2019.
- Janine Eagen – Transferring from Resource Instructional Assistant to Spc Ed Sub Aide list.
- Rebecca Harding – Transferring from NLCS Food Services PVI Part-Time to NLCS Food Services PVI & BMS Kitchen Manager Full-Time effective October 28, 2019.
- Support Staff: Food Services: Elizabeth Bolin – NLCS Food Service Substitute as needed.
- Hannah Jewell – NLCS Food Service Substitute as needed.
- Carolyn Mosier – NLCS Food Service Substitute as needed.
- Joint Services: Heather Acton – BMS Permanent Resources Instructional Assistant.
- Tim Boling – Lincoln Elementary Temporary Emotional Disability Instructional Assistant.
- Whitney Harrison – Lincoln Elementary Temporary Emotional Disability Instructional Assistant.
- Brianna Starr – Parkview Temporary Emotional Disability Instructional Assistant.
- Title 1: Kensi Terry – Title 1 Instructional Assistant effective November 12, 2019.
- Transportation: Amelia Ernst – NLCS Substitute Bus Driver effective November 12, 2019.
- Sandra Prince – NLCS Substitute Bus Driver effective November 12, 2019.
- Extra-Curricular: Parkview: Beth Ann Embree – PVP STEM Coordinator.
- Rebecca Long – PVI STEM Coordinator.
- SMS: Joey Ray – SMS Boys 7th Grade Basketball Coach
- Termination: Brittney Dotts – Terminated Stalker Permanent Severe Disability Instructional Assistant effective October 23, 2019.
- Resignation: Karen Boruff – Resigning as Joint Services Administrative Assistant effective November 22, 2019.
- Catherine J. Hodge – Resigning as Business Office Benefits Administrative Assistant effective December 31, 2019.
- Bretta Myers – Resigning as SMS Instructional Assistant effective December 3, 2019.
- Danielle Pruett – Resigning as SMS Girls 6th Grade Basketball effective immediately.
- Andrew Wilson – Resigning as BMS Health Instructor effective November 22, 2019.
- Retirement: Claude E. Davis – Retire as NLCS Custodian effective December 3, 2019.
- Informational: Brady Wilson – NLCS Skilled Maintenance correction start date November 12, 2019.
- Leave of Absence: Debra Donica – NLCS Custodian requesting a leave of absence starting on October 28, 2019.
- Medical Leave Request – Jay Combs – Requesting medical leave. This will begin on October 22, 2019, for approximately 12 weeks.
- Lisa Cummings – Requesting medical leave. This will begin on December 26, 2019, for approximately 6 to 8 weeks.
- Angie Godsey – Requesting medical leave. This will begin on November 14, 2019 and last until December 2, 2019.
The board also approved the North Lawrence Community Schools and North Lawrence Education Association teachers’ contract for the 2019-2021.
Here are the terms of the contract:
Under the proposed contract teachers will receive a $500 increase to their base pay for the 2019-2021 school years and the corporation will contribute $500 into health savings account for those who carry the insurance.
In the 2020-2021 school year, teachers would move up a step on the salary schedule which is approximately a 2.3 percent increase. In addition, the corporation will contribute $50,000 toward the cost of insurance premiums both years of the contract.
The increase that the North Lawrence Community Schools will spend on teacher compensation and benefits is $950,000.
The agreement is similar to what teachers received last year, but this is a $500 raise added to their base salary.
The master contract represents about 317 teachers as well as department chairs who are not part of the bargaining unit but have teacher contracts.