(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indianapolis Department of Transportation encourages motorists to plan ahead for another full weekend of construction in Marion County.
Contractors will be working to repair winter damage, extend the life spans of pavement and bridges, and perform maintenance in five interstate work zones around the Indianapolis metro area.
To avoid delays and congestion, motorists should consider using local streets rather than interstates. Motorists who do use metro area interstates during the weekend should prepare for delays and congestion.
Indiana State Police and the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department will be patrolling work zones and ticketing drivers for speeding and reckless/distracted driving. INDOT crews and Hoosier Helpers will be present on the interstates to make sure drivers are aware of slowing traffic and upcoming work zones.
Construction work is weather dependent in some cases.
- I-465 SB/WB from I-65 to I-70 on southeast side of Indianapolis
- ALL LANES CLOSED
- Detour: Follow I-65 and I-70 through downtown Indianapolis or follow the I-465 outer loop
- I-465 WB from Keystone Ave. to College Ave.
- 2 lanes open
- 7 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday
- I-465 SB from U.S. 36/S.R. 67 (Pendleton Pike) to I-70
- 2 lanes open
- 9 p.m. Friday to September 14
- I-465 EB from I-865 to U.S. 31 (Meridian St.)
- 1 lane open
- 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Sunday
- I-65 NB & SB from Little Eagle Creek to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. (Exit 117) (northwest side)
- 2 lanes open in each direction
- Now through October 3
- I-865 EB & WB from I-465 to I-65
- 1 lane open in each direction
- Now through October 9
- SB I-69 to EB I-465
- 9 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Saturday