(BEDFORD) – Summer Discovery kicks off at the Bedford Public Library June 3-7.
Summer Discovery provides children and teens the chance to create, explore and discover all summer long including meeting live reptiles, experience the Star Wars universe in virtual reality and more.
This year, new Explorer’s Guides are also available, encouraging children and teens to get curious, creative and community-minded this summer with a chance to win prizes, Magic Morning cookies and more.
Visit Children and Teen Services to learn more about Summer Discovery Explorer’s Guides.
Next week also brings the first round of Summer Discovery stations in Children and Teen Services at the library. Throughout the summer, activities, crafts, learning games, and more will be offered on a rotating basis.
From June 3-17, discovery stations include Hexaflexagons, DIY galaxy tote bags, math with aliens, and a world craft featuring Peruvian weaving. Check out our online events calendar at www.bedlib.org for more information about Summer Discovery stations.
- Learn all about the wildlife native to our area at Snakes, Turtles, and Reptiles with Spring Mill Naturalist Sheree Belt on June 4 at 2 p.m. Plus, meet live reptiles up close and in person. This program is for children in Pre-K through second grade. A second session for older children and teens grades 3-12 will be held on June 25. Visit us online at www.bedlib.org for more information.
- Children and teens grades 3-12 can train like a Jedi, defend the Millennium Falcon, and explore Tatooine in virtual reality at Virtual Reality: Star Wars June 5 at 2 p.m.
- All ages are invited to have a blast with bubbles at Bubble Blast on June 6 at 4 p.m. Complete a bubble obstacle course, create bubble prints, and more.
- LEGO Builders returns with a special set of Summer Discovery LEGO building challenges for grades K-6 June 7 at 2 p.m.
- Bedford Public Library will be at Safe Night at the Lawrence County Fairgrounds June 8 from 6-10 p.m. Visit our booth for fun crafts, activities and giveaways.