Fire Destroys Loogootee Home

(LOOGOOTEE) – An early morning fire Sunday destroyed a Daviess County home.

Around 12:33 a.m. the Cannelburg Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire at 4163 North County Road 1275 East in Loogootee.
Everyone was out of the house when firefighters arrived on the scene.
house fire in montgomery.jpg
The fire which firefighter believed started in a wood stove destroyed the home of Ed Crays.
Firefighters were on the scene until 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning. Assisting at the scene were firefighters from Madison Township, Loogootee, Martin County Civil Defense and Shoals Fire Departments, Daviess County Sheriff’s Department, Martin County Sheriff’s Department, REMC and Southwest Medical.