Name released in a Loogootee fatal fire on Saturday night

LOOGOOTEE – A Loogootee man died in a house fire Saturday night. According to Martin County Coroner Kathy Evans, 72-year-old Robert Osborne, of Loogootee, died…

Continue Reading...

Three occupants escape early morning apartment fire in Oolitic, dog perishes from smoke inhalation

OOLITIC – Three occupants escaped an early morning fire at an apartment building located at 209 Hoosier Avenue. However, despite the efforts of firefighters to…

Continue Reading...

Firefighters battle a house fire on State Road 550 Saturday night

LOOGOOTEE – Firefighters battled a house fire at 2094 State Road 550 South of Loogootee Saturday night. The call came in around 7:00 p.m. to…

Continue Reading...

Pleasant Run fire apparatus damaged while responding to wildland fire

HELTONVILLE – Pleasant Run Fire Department was dispatched to provide mutual aid in the 1700 block of Hayes Road to Marshall Township Volunteer Fire Department….

Continue Reading...

Monroe Fire District responded to multiple incidents throughout the district on Tuesday

MONROE CO. – Around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, were called to Holland Drive after a report of a possible injured person stuck in a tree. When…

Continue Reading...

Firefighter treated for smoke inhalation at woods fire Sunday afternoon

BLOOMINGTON – A firefighter from the Monroe Fire Protection District was treated for smoke inhalation at a woods fire Sunday afternoon. The firefighter was treated…

Continue Reading...

Firefighters battle 20-acre wildland fire Friday night

LEESVILLE – Firefighters from Shawswick and Pleasant Run Township Volunteer Fire Departments battled a 20-acre wildland fire Friday evening on US 50 East near the…

Continue Reading...

One person injured after shed explodes in Mitchell

MITCHELL – One person was injured Sunday morning after a shed exploded at Lakeside Estates mobile home park in Mitchell. The Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department…

Continue Reading...

Home damaged from a fire Saturday afternoon

MITCHELL – A home in the 2900 block of Spice Valley Road had minor damage after a bottle rocket was fired at squirrels Saturday afternoon,…

Continue Reading...

Fire destroys home in remodel process Wednesday night

BEDFORD – A man who was trying to make a better place to live for his two children, lost their home Wednesday night in a…

Continue Reading...