News Sections
Audio
Brothers Die In Gas City House Fire
Updated November 20, 2017 7:48 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS
gascity fire.jpg

(GAS CITY) - Just before 6:45 a.m. on Saturday morning, a Gas City firefighter spotted a two-story house on fire and called it in. When firefighters arrived they found the home fully engulfed in flames.

The residence was in the 100 block of W. North G St.

The victims were identified as 60-year-old Douglas Simon and 53-year-old Bruce Simon.

According to the Grant County Coroner, Douglas Simon was found in his bedroom on the main floor. Bruce Simon was found upstairs just outside his bedroom.

An autopsy will be performed Monday to determine the exact cause of death.

A preliminary cause of death for both men was thermal burns.

The fire resulted in the death of a family dog.

Fire officials say the fire likely started on the main floor and spread to the second floor.

The State Fire Marshal's office has taken over the investigation.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback