(INDIANAPOLIS) - The Children's Museum of Indianapolis recently received top honors in the USA TODAY's 10 Best Reader's Choice poll.
For the past month, readers across the country have voted on their favorite museums in the nation and when the votes were counted, The Children's Museum of Indianapolis ranked first as the Best Museum for Families.
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis was a 2011 recipient of an Indiana Governor's Arts Award.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Museum for Families are as follows:
- Children's Museum of Indianapolis - Indianapolis
- Children's Museum of Houston - Houston
- The Strong National Museum of Play - Rochester, N.Y.
- The Henry Ford - Dearborn, Mich.
- Children's Museum of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh
- Please Touch Museum - Philadelphia
- Museum of Science and Industry - Chicago
- Musical Instrument Museum - Phoenix
- Franklin Institute Science Museum - Philadelphia
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County - Los Angeles
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Katie Dillon (La Jolla Mom), Kyle McCarthy (Family Travel Forum) and Eileen Ogintz (Taking the Kids) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of family travel in the U.S.
Other nominated museums included the American Museum of Natural History, Art Institute of Chicago, Boston Children's Museum, California Academy of Sciences, Chicago Children's Museum, Explora, Exploratorium, Liberty Science Center, National Air and Space Museum and Port Discovery Children's Museum.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com