News Sections
Audio
U.S. Attorney For Northern Indiana Resigns After Trump Request
Updated March 14, 2017 7:08 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(HAMMOND) - The federal prosecutor for northern Indiana has resigned after President Donald Trump sought the dismissals of dozens of U.S. attorneys nationwide who were holdovers from the Obama administration.

The U.S. attorney's office in Hammond says David Capp resigned after 31 years as a federal prosecutor. Capp says he had planned to retire in June.

President Barack Obama nominated Capp in 2009 as the U.S. attorney for the northern third of Indiana after Capp had been the office's interim leader since 2007. The office pursuing several public corruption cases during Capp's tenure.

Trump's Friday request for resignations didn't include Indianapolis U.S. Attorney Josh Minkler. He's a career prosecutor appointed by the district's federal judges after Obama appointee Joe Hogsett resigned in 2014 to start his successful campaign for Indianapolis mayor.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback