News Sections
Audio
Boy Burned After Gas Heater Explodes In Pet Kennel
Updated February 6, 2017 7:08 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MARKLEVILLE) - An 11-year-old has suffered severe burns from an explosion inside a homemade kennel at a Madison County home.

Television station WRTV reports that the boy was trying to light a gas heater about 11 a.m. Saturday near Markleville when the explosion occurred.

Authorities say the heater was enclosed for some of the family's pets.

Madison County Sheriff Scott Mellinger says other family members were about 100 yards away at the time.

The boy was being treated at a hospital. His condition was not immediately known.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback