News Sections
Audio
Stove Fire Damages Jasper Home
Updated October 31, 2016 9:26 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS
stove fire.jpg

(JASPER) - A stove fire at an apartment caused around $15,000 in damaged.

The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call Tuesday evening at an apartment complex at 1735 Leopold St. owned by Charlie Krueger.

Fire was billowing out of the apartment when firefighters arrived at 8:35 p.m.

Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang says a stove fire broke out in one of the units of the multi-unit building after a pan was left on a hot stove causing damage to the stove and the cabinets above the stove.

Firefighters evacuated four apartments occupied by renters - the apartment with the fire, the unit next door and two units below the burned apartment.

The residents will have to move out of the apartment while the cabinets and stove are replaced and the walls are repainted, Hochgesang said, but the bedrooms are usable.

The other apartments were not damaged.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback