News Sections
Audio
Woman Dies After Electrocuted In Flooded Basement
Updated September 14, 2016 7:16 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(SOUTH BEND) - Authorities in South Bend say a woman has died after she was electrocuted in her flooded St. Joseph County home.

Deputy Coroner Dr. Michael O'Connell tells the South Bend Tribune that 54-year-old Sandra Sharp was taken off life support Monday. Two days earlier she was found unconscious in her rural home's flooded basement.

St. Joseph County police assistant chief Bill Thompson says police and emergency medical responders found Sharp about 4:30 a.m. Saturday in about 6 inches of water. They performed CPR and she was hospitalized.

Police believe Sharp was electrocuted just after going to clear water from the basement following heavy rain on Friday night. Thompson says the electrical charge may have come from a box fan found near the woman.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback