News Sections
Audio
Child Badly Burned In Back Yard Bonfire
Updated September 5, 2016 11:52 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LAFAYETTE) - Lafayette Police say a child was badly burned Sunday night in a back yard bonfire.

Emergency crews responded to the 1800 block of North 15th street for the report of a structure fire.

EMS personnel arrived and located an 8-year-old in the back yard that had been badly burned over much of his body.

EMS transported the child to an Indianapolis hospital via medical helicopter. The child's injuries are described as life-threatening.

Several other people also suffered burns attempting to assist the child.

Police say several kids were playing with gasoline near the bonfire.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback