News Sections
Audio
Fire Started After Girl Drops Lit Candle In Trash
Updated August 14, 2016 1:42 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS
columbus fire.jpg

(COLUMBUS) - Columbus firefighters say a Friday morning fire was caused by a child playing with a candle in a bathroom.

Firefighters were called to the 1200 block of Eighth Street at about 10:45 a.m. Friday.

When they arrived they found a heavily charred bathroom door and counter along with a wastebasket and smoldering papers, which they fully extinguished with a water can.

Capt. Mike Wilson says that an 8-year-old girl dropped a lit candle into the trash can, causing the fire.
 
Damages is estimated at $2,500. 

There were no injuries reported and the home did not have working smoke detectors.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback