News Sections
Citizens Can Report Damage Online From Severe Weather, Flooding
Updated August 19, 2016 7:22 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(UNDATED) - Indiana homeowners, renters, businesses and private non-profit organizations that sustained uninsured damage caused by recent severe storms and flooding can report damage online.

A link to the form is also available on the Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS) website at In the middle of the page under "Featured Topics," click on "Report Damage from Severe Weather, Flooding - August 15 and Continuing."
Damage reports will be used to help local emergency management agencies and the Indiana Department of Homeland Security with preliminary damage assessments and to determine if federal assistance - such as disaster grants or loans -- can be pursued.
Providing information is NOT an application for a federal grant or loan.
Individuals will be asked to provide their name, address, phone number and type of damage the property sustained. Losses can include structural damage to homes and loss of personal property.
For Questions

For questions, contact your county emergency management agency. Contact information is available at
No Internet Access?

Individuals without Internet access are encouraged to contact a friend, family member or neighbor for assistance. Web access is also available at many libraries, religious institutions, community centers or other public facilities. If none of those options is available, individuals may also contact their county emergency management agency to report damage.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File